Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Already a blogging slacker...sigh

Ok, so I really need to get better about this already.  i guess it is hard for me to get into this new habit.  i will go ahead and tackle the topics for days 2 and 3 and try harder to stay on track

something i love about myself

i love the wife and mother that i am.  i am fiercely loyal to my family and try to make sure my family knows how important they are to me. 
i am a good mom - i may not always make the "right" or best decisions for my children, but i do what i think is best at the time.  i put my whole heart into being their mom and doing right by them.  i parent MY way.  i may ask for help or advice, but ultimately i am going to do what feels right for my family.  i will always put my children first. 
i am a good wife - i treat my husband with love, respect and faithfulness.  i know that i will always make the effort to work through our issues rather than let our troubles break us apart.  we have been through far too much together to let anything get in between us.  i love that, after a string of bad relationships, i can truly be myself with morgan - he gets to see all the bad stuff about me.
i don't take my family for granted - i truly appreciate them and all of the joy they bring to my life.  i love that these three people have become my reason for happy


something i have to forgive myself for

i have to forgive myself for not finishing my bachelor's degree (yet?).  i have let life get in the way of my education and i really beat myself up about it.  i feel like i should have stuck with it the first time around, but my priorities got all turned around until school barely even made the list.  since then, it has become harder and harder to make the time for my education - i hardly have time for a shower some days, let alone time to write a paper.  i need to give myself a break about it - i may or may not every finish up a degree program, and i need to be ok with it either way.  a degree does not prove how smart i am or validate my existence.

ok, i am tired - i made half-assed attempts to do my days of truth - i am going to bed now.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the school thing. My husband is battling with that himself right now. I did for a while (as I promised my Dad on his death bed that I would finish). But when I found my true passion (photography) and realized I didn't need a degree for that, it didn't seem to bother me as much. :) Take pride in who you are now and maybe one day you will get to go back! :) We are working on a plan for my hubby to go back! :)

    ReplyDelete